Monday, March 3, 2014

"Get out of your head...and into your heart."


Left to right: Remi and his best friend Beatrice
































A couple of weeks ago I headed out to the pasture to see Rayn and the herd.

I walked across the larger pasture to get to the smaller one and looked out toward the horses and found…every single one looking back at me. Huh. Well that was unusual. I stopped where I was and waited a moment. I turned around, nope, no one and nothing was behind me. So I continued on toward the waiting horses.

As I got closer four of them, including Rayn, peeled off the group and started walking to meet me at the gate. When I went in they all took turns checking me out. One would step forward and lay their muzzle somewhere on me, my heart, my feet, my hands and the other three would wait a moment. Then another would step forward, there would be a tiny flash of pinned ears, unnoticeable if I hadn’t been so curious as to what was going on, and the first horse moved out of the way. The rest of the herd watched from a short distance away. Once all four had checked me out it was apparently decided that Remi would stay with me. Remi is a 20 year old Thoroughbred Quarter horse cross, wise enough to be going grey around the muzzle and eyes.

I walked a ways out into the field with Remi at my shoulder. We had to stop three times as the other pasture horses came up and gave me the same once over. Remi let them each have a moment but flicked his ears when it was time for us to continue on. Apparently I was in his charge for the morning. Seven of the eleven horses had checked me out before the decision was final.

Once Remi and I were alone he went straight to work. I stood still and Remi stood facing me. I waited. He started on my left side and breathed softly into my ear for a few breaths. There is absolutely nothing more grounding than having a horse breathe into your body.

My breathing slowed to match his. I felt my flyaway energy sink into my body and my body sink into the earth…

Remi moved his muzzle to touch my heart and breathed. His eyes were half-mast.
My eyes were half-mast. He slowly worked his way down the left side of my body, stopping every so often to come back to my heart where he would rest his muzzle, breathing slowly.

Then the leaching started. Leaching is when a horse yawns. Repeatedly, ten, twenty times in a row. It’s not an, “I’m so sleepy.” yawn, it’s an energy-sucking yawn. Some horses do this to move unwanted energy off of another horse or a person. When a horse starts leaching with me I start to wonder, what are they pulling off of me, energetically?

  
















The energy balancing continued, down to my feet on my left side, all the way back up to my head and then he switched to my right side and did the same all over—stopping sporadically to rest his muzzle lightly on my heart or to leach.

I felt like I had spent a week at the beach. I was a wet noodle, completely relaxed, completely receptive. He knew what he was doing and he wasn’t done yet.

Finally he brought his muzzle back up and rested it on my shoulder, breathing slowly, peacefully and said:

“Get out of your head…” both of us: slow, deep breaths, eyes nearly closed…

He moved his muzzle to my heart, breathed for a few moments, and quietly said:

… “and into your heart.”

Ohhh…

Remi stepped back, looked at me, lowered his head and closed his eyes. Wow.

I thanked him for his wisdom.

It took me three days to figure out what was going on with me that caused the horses to quibble over who would work on me and to figure out why Remi had had such a long session (about thirty minutes!) with me. I had had a very productive week. So much had been accomplished in creating my business. However, my head said it wasn’t happening fast enough. My heart was excited and happy over all that I was creating but my head just wasn’t along for the ride. My own worst enemy, my head was worried that things would never get done, I would never make it, I would never be able to manage a career and raising a family. I couldn’t do both. It wasn’t possible. Remi reminded me to live by what my heart says, “This is so exciting! I’m creating what I’m meant to do with my life!” There is no doubt in those statements, no worry, just knowledge that I’m on the right path.

Abraham Hicks says, “Nobody else knows your reason for being. You do. Your bliss guides you to it. When you follow your bliss, when you follow your path to joy, your conversation is of joy, your feelings are of joy -- you're right on the path of that which you intended when you came forth into this physical body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment