Friday, April 17, 2015

The Good



Watching my daughter self-sabotage the Good in her life has had me shining a light on that part of myself these past months. It's shocking how much I too, self-sabotage. I gave myself a goal today. It started off as just this, "This week I'm going to allow the good." but quickly morphed into the Good--those wonderful things God/Source/Spirit/our Higher Selves/the Universe shows me everyday. The things I often look at and think, "I can't have that." or "I don't deserve that." or "I'm not allowed." 

The Good

This week I'm going to allow the Good.

I don't have to run up to the Good, screaming, "Welcome! I'm so excited you're here!"
that might be too scary. 
All I have to do is allow it to exist around me. 

I'm visualizing myself like a horse, who sees something worrisome: 

Neck arched, eyes wide, nostrils flared, "WHAT IS THAT??? Oh my God!" 
tiptoeing up to the Good, sniffing it, jumping away in fear, 
looking at it out of the corner of my eye, pretending I don't see it, 
pretending I really wasn't that scared of it. 

Taking a deep breath and tiptoeing up to the Good again, 
closing my eyes as the Good reaches out to touch my cheek, 
and having that brief moment of Recognition 
before leaping away again, "Oh my God! It TOUCHED me!" 

This week, I'm going to allow the Good to exist near me. 
Maybe engage in a little dance. 
And begin to learn that the Good isn't going to eat me.


No comments:

Post a Comment