Monday, August 24, 2015

What would you do?

I have the right to leave an emotionally abusive relationship but what do you do when that abuse is coming from your 10 year old child? When the weakest dog is petrified, the younger sibling always wants to sleep in my bed because he doesn't feel safe in the room next to her, and I'm in a constant hypervigilant state in order to keep us safe?

Right now we are in a "honeymoon period" where she is trying to keep herself in check but the tiny behaviors are starting to creep in and will just escalate. I can no longer enjoy this time because I know what her cycle is now.

What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. I so hope you have an excellent therapist to help your family, your daughter, and YOU.
    We were lost until we found ours. Probably need a tune-up with himj soon, but mostly doing well, given the circumstances...
    With hope,
    FSM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are starting something new on Monday called RRT--Rapid Resolution Therapy--sounds hopeful doesn't it? I have no idea. Therapy after that is done. I'll write about it once the first session is done.

      Delete
  2. Honeymoon period is so true. It is hard, after ten years of going through the on and off cycle with my kids, to be able to know how to face another cycle and keep it together. My daughter just came off of her honeymoon period...again...and is at it...again.

    ReplyDelete