Thursday, September 17, 2015

Feels like none of us can escape the abuse

As usual when things go haywire here, I go off the grid. Depression and anxiety have hit hard and I'm doing everything I can to stay afloat. Here's where we are today:

I was thinking about how Daniel, the dogs, and I are living with the person who traumatized/is traumatizing us and how we can't get away from our abuser.

Then I thought about how children with RAD look at their adoptive moms--subconsciously they can't differentiate between their adoptive mom and bio mom. In Loreli's mind, she is living with the person who traumatized her/is traumatizing her and she can't get away from her abuser either.

I've recently read that the RAD child's mind keeps purposely triggering the trauma in order to work through it/heal it but it doesn't work. It just keeps making the trauma groove deeper in the brain.

What a sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment