Sunday, August 10, 2014

Aquarium with Daniel


Daniel and I had a date at the Denver Aquarium this week while Brad and Loreli had their own date. Loreli chose to stay home and bake lemon pound cake and dinner with Daddy :-)

Daniel and I had lunch at the aquarium and then went in to visit the exhibits. I found that he is still very sensitive to really loud sound. Next time I'll bring a pair of children's ear plugs with me, I think he'd be a lot happier. My Inner Voice says he's a HSP but it could also be a sensory issue. I'm going with my gut until something comes along to prove otherwise.

I was so happy to spend time with my boy! He was such fun to be with and turning into such a "boy"--at one point we wanted to get through a crowd of people, he grabbed my wrist and just wove his way through--me following in his wake. Where did he learn that? I don't think I've ever done that with him and Brad doesn't do that either. He just decided to take charge lol!





"Daniel, you won't be able to eat all of that but..." Daniel interrupted with, "But I can try!"

I wished I could do the same thing :-)
Before we started the FIP Daniel and I were worried about each other. I was worried that he was falling through the cracks because Loreli was sucking all the air out of the room with her behavior. Good or bad, it was all about her. Daniel was worried about me--he could see how unhappy I was and he hated seeing Loreli treat me badly. Once he told me, "Mom, you can always come in my room. I have an extra bed. You'll be safe in there with me." OMG. I'm so thankful that this Starting Over program fell into my lap. It was so needed. My baby boy needs to be able to be a kid and not think he has to protect me FROM A 9 YEAR OLD. Jeez. We all desperately needed to feel safe in our own home. Daniel needed to be SEEN again. Much trauma in the past 5 years since Loreli came home. So happy that we're finally finding our way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment