Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sweet trusting Midgie


This is Midgie Boo Boo our rescue Border Collie. She came to us a scaredy dog. She loved the kids but was unsure if them holding her face in their hands meant they loved her or they were going to hurt her. She nipped occasionally in the early days.

But now... :-)

We were all up on my bed together last night. Loreli put Brad's weighted blanket on top of Midgie. Midge thinks the weighted blanket is the BEST THING EVER--especially if there is a thunderstorm. Loreli thought it would be funny to loosely wrap a bandana around Midgie's eyes. Midgie never moved. I reached to get my phone and she stayed just like this while I took a photo. She's come so far in just 3 years.

I told Loreli, "Remember how Midgie came from a scary background just like you did? Well, someday you will trust us just like Midgie."

Loreli smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment